Thursday, January 22, 2009

Siddartha comes to LA California

Siddhartha comes to LA California


I patiently waited at the LAX airport for my friend to show up. I had invited my pen pal from India to come to my hometown for one day so I could show him my different way of life. As tons of people poured in and out of the airport, I noticed a man dressed in a robe with sandals. This fit the description my pen pal had sent me so I uneasily approached the strangely dressed man. “Siddhartha?” I said.
“Yes” he replied.
“Nice to meet ya cuz welcome to Cali.”
“Very nice to meet you Nick I have had a very long trip and I need to rest, my chi is uneven”
“Oh yeah of course I’ll show you my crib, but first were getting something to eat.”
As we drove through the city towards the restaurant Siddhartha asked where we were.
“Is this what they call the city?
“Yep welcome to Los Angelo s”
While we were riding I turned on the radio and cranked one my favorite songs.
“My goodness must it be so loud!”
“Hellz yeah! when you in Cali you can’t just drive somewhere, ya gotta roll tha F@!# out! Just bob your head to the beat and feel the bass.”
Siddartha gave me a puzzled look and made a humorous attempt of bobbing to the beat. When we pulled up to Del Taco Siddhartha asked why everybody was hanging outside in the neighborhood.
“It’s to hot inside so everybody just sits on their steps or just walks around. It’s no very uncommon in the city.
“I am very hungry and I am very excited to taste my first American meal.” Siddhartha almost blurted out.
“Say no more”
As we walked into the restaurant mostly everyone spoke Spanish.
Del Taco was a small hot, and somewhat stuffy Mexican restaurant in the city, the kind of place people from out of the city would never find or know about.
“What is that strange gibberish?”
“That’s Spanish if you were to live here its something you might wanna pick up on because you’re going to be living in a Mexican neighborhood.”
“We’ll take two pico de galllos”
After we got to our seats I told Sid to try it
“It is very greasy, must I eat it” Sid muttered”
“Just try it you’ll love it. You were the one talking about your first American meal and this is pretty damn American…..well um Mexican well um uh well you know what I mean!
After Sid had taken his first bite his face lit up
“Oh my goodness this is quite wonderful!”
“Eat up today is far from finished”
When me and sid Finished we hit the streets again.
“Where are we going now? “
“To a massage parlor, one that may remind you of those clubs you use to chill at in India.
“This pleases me to no end”said Sid gleefully
I could feel the excitement in Sid's voice as we pulled up to the red dragon.
You see this wasn't any normal massage bar this was a massage bar where you could pick the girls that gave you the massage.
It was my first time being there and I was almost as excited as Sid.
"I'll take you and.....Oh I'll take you... and I cant forget about you" said Sid as he picked out his masseuses. After we were had picked our masseuses we laid back and chilled for a taste before I told Siddhartha we would have one more stop. I had planned to take Sid to his first real house party. I heard It was going to be crazy as hell, and when I told Siddartha he said" I have had many shindigs Like the one you describe to me and my chi is very even."
When we got there music was blaring through the apartment and there were people everywhere.
"Stick clo.........." I barely got my words out when Sid jumped on the dance floor and started to hold his own.
"C'mon my friend get it while the getting is very much good"
I had forgotten that Sid was very familiar with the whole party scene.
The following morning I scraped Sid of the couch of the apartment and swerved down to the airport, just about in time for his flight.
"I'll um see you uhhhh later um yeah, where the hell am I" I said barely coherent.
See you old frie........... uh huh. Sid muttered incoherently before he stepped on the terminal.

No comments: